Our vision is to become the greenest region in the country
Greenwise Joint Venture was founded in large part to address environmental challenges facing our region. Increasing demands for water, energy and solid waste capacity, unhealthy air and traffic congestion require action and involvement by the entire community.
In policy and practice, we’re amplifying the efforts of dozens of existing organizations with a mission to improve our environment and quality of life.
By 2020, our region will…
- Plant 3 million trees
- Reduce, reuse and recycle 85% of the region’s waste
- Reduce water use by 20%
- Reduce per capita energy use by 15%
- Design all new planned communities consistent with “20-minute Neighborhood” principles
- Increase the percentage of all trips taken by walking, biking or transit by 30%
- Reduce pollution levels by 20%
Photo by Richard Masoner / Cyclelicious, available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial license.