Greenwise Joint Venture is a high-impact, regional nonprofit focused on a bold vision to transform the Sacramento area into the greenest region in the country and a hub for clean technology.
Our Board of Directors and staff are dedicated to transforming the region through innovative ideas, projects and resources—including signature projects identified in the Greenwise Regional Action Plan.
The Greenwise Regional Action Plan outlines three transformational goals serving to organize our work.
Each goal is supported by specific objectives and actions for implementation by the year 2020. The goals include integrated ideas developed by hundreds of participants during the Greenwise initiative (see Greenwise History).
Greenwise actions cross numerous economic sectors and environmental fields, and create new ways to brand the region and engage our communities:
- Economy: Create a self-sustaining economic sector
- Environment: Become the Greenest Region in the Country
- Engagement: Brand the Sacramento region as the “Emerald Valley” and raise the region’s Green IQ
Greenwise Joint Venture is uniquely positioned to frame regional action by:
- Convening, coordinating and aligning regional leaders
- Branding the region as a hub for clean technology and raising the Green IQ
- Creating a financially sustainable organization
- Implementing the Greenwise Regional Action Plan
The Sacramento region boasts numerous natural advantages. Abundant open space, sunny days, fertile farmland and waterways make this region an ideal location to live, work, play and learn.
The 2.3 million residents of the Sacramento region enjoy their choice of rural or urban lifestyles in six counties and 22 cities.
Greenwise & Government
A competitive advantage giving strength to the region are the collaboration opportunities we provide to local governments.
Building on the success of regional and local sustainability efforts, Greenwise Joint Venture:
- Leverages resources invested in Greenwise Joint Venture to implement projects identified at the local and regional levels (e.g., Climate Action Plans)
- Provides opportunities for marketing success stories for governments and nonprofits throughout the region
- Identifies business attraction opportunities for local jurisdictions through Greenwise Joint Venture contacts
- Pools resources to help the region qualify for grant funding and attract private sector investment and venture capital
- Offers the region’s local government leaders an opportunity to actively participate in creating a sustainable future for the region as Greenwise Joint Venture working group members
- Convenes leaders for ongoing Greenwise Joint Venture speaker series